Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZMA15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2022
Hello everyone!

Need some help as Im having some trouble with my M1 Mac mini.
Recently It started acting up.
The sound bar is continuously raising the volume up to the maximum on its own. Even after I decrease the volume/sound it immediately goes up again. It's like I have no control over the volume/sound at all. Its not connected to anything external.

On top of that when I want to put my Mac on sleep mode. When I hit the apple logo (upper left corner) the blue bar that hovers on top of the words starts randomly selecting other words that my mouse is not hovering over making it difficult to actually select the sleep tab.
when I am successful in putting it in Sleep mode, the Mac wakes up some two minutes after even after nothing had touched the keyboard or mouse.

I honestly do not remember is this started after the most recent update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Assuming you are using BT keyboard and mouse…

Sounds like signal interference. Move the mini out from under anything and away from display so it is relatively by itself - nothing around it. If that doesn’t help, I would turn the devices off and on again. If that doesn’t work, forget the devices in Bluetooth settings and repair them. Otherwise, turn off Bluetooth on Mac mini and try USB keyboard and mouse to see if problem persists.

To troubleshoot, you’ve got to isolate hardware from software.

Reactions: Basic75

ZMA15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2022
Assuming you are using BT keyboard and mouse…

Sounds like signal interference. Move the mini out from under anything and away from display so it is relatively by itself - nothing around it. If that doesn’t help, I would turn the devices off and on again. If that doesn’t work, forget the devices in Bluetooth settings and repair them. Otherwise, turn off Bluetooth on Mac mini and try USB keyboard and mouse to see if problem persists.

To troubleshoot, you’ve got to isolate hardware from software.

Thank you for replying. I actually did try using wired mouse/keyboard and unfortunately the same thing kept happening. However, I did not try to 'forget the devices' and reconnecting. Let me see if it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.