Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishforalex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Kent, UK
Hi there,

I'm being asked to activate word for mac again - even though the next payment isn't due until 2020.

So I enter my email address and then it goes into loading mode - see below - but this is now where I'm stuck. It happens every time and there's no movement from here.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Alex

upload_2019-3-14_14-34-33.png

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
The same thing happened to me years ago on Windows 7. I called Microsoft, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Said that I should reload the OS, wiping out the system. Yeah, sure... Shortly after the same thing happened to my Mac Pro. Microstuff said it 'wasn't supported' and pretty much hung up on me.

Maybe try LibreOffice?

Maybe uninstall, reboot, reinstall?

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
Had this happen to me before on a few different devices. Thankfully I was eventually able to get them sorted.

In my case, there were two problems that I had. One was literally that Microsoft's online servers were down so it wasn't anything wrong with the computer, it was on their end. Annoying as it may be, it may just simply be something wrong on their side. You can test this by trying another application like PowerPoint or Excel. If you can log in there then it is probably just a problem with Word.

Second, I got caught mid update one time and something happened (computer went to sleep I think) and it interrupted the update. That freaked Word out and it couldn't process what was happening. I believe I was able to just reinitiate the update and got it sorted, but you may have to uninstall and reinstall.

Also, based on saying "your next payment," does that mean you have an Office 365 subscription? If so then you should now be able to update to Office 2019. Not much different than 2016, but that might solve your problem also. You could even go through the app store to download Word if you would like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.