Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henry54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2015
So I just got my stainless steel with black sports band yesterday, and I've realized that every time I put my watch on power reserve manually it stops working. I click the side button and it takes a while for the watch to respond. Then it reboots by itself. Does anyone else have this problem?

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
I thought thats how it was meant to work - holding side button puts it back into normal mode that requires reboot?

Neutral Milk

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2015
Yeah it sounds like you just need to be a little more patient. When it's in power save and you hit the button it takes like 3-4 seconds to display the time. If you hold the button it will reset (not on its own, you did that by holding the button).

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
The only way to exit power reserve is to reboot the watch. It all is perfectly normal for how the watch operates.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Power Reserve is a 95% reboot. Almost all systems are shut off so it only makes sense that in order to get it all back up and running would require a restart.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
So I just got my stainless steel with black sports band yesterday, and I've realized that every time I put my watch on power reserve manually it stops working. I click the side button and it takes a while for the watch to respond. Then it reboots by itself. Does anyone else have this problem?

That is expected behavior. Power reserve is not like a low power toggle to be used intra-day, its a last resort to keep the watch from dying, and the only way out is a reboot.

Henry54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2015
Ohh I see! I just thought it was weird for my watch to reboot after it. Now I know it's perfectly normal thanks everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.