Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MkNuII

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Portugal
Hi everyone,

I don't think anybody has reported something like this.

Yesterday I did a clean install of Big Sur on my MacBook Pro 13'' 2017. Previous version was Mojave.

Installation went ok but there are a few things off, one of them is actually boring me a lot..

Passwords are not synching.. They are on my iPhone, and other devices, but not on my Mac. This is causing a lot of trouble since I have to keep checking my iPhone for the passwords (yeah some I don't remember, some are generated automatically by iPhone/Mac)..

Also spotlight isn't indexing new applications.. Can't find any of the applications I have installed since yesterday...

iMessages isn't synching either.. but this could be a miss interpretation of me that thought I would have access to all the messages I have in my iPhone.

Am I doing anything wrong? I checked in System Preferences, Apple ID and Keynote is "checked".

Any suggestions? Are these known bugs?

Thanks

Reactions: missyagogo

snakes-

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
Have you 2fa enabled? Without 2fa system runs horrible and not really sync things.

MkNuII

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Portugal
Just checked and I already had 2FA enabled and a trusted phone number. I think this is not just a problem with Safari but with Keychain itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.