Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajjapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2017
This has been bugging me for a while. For reasons I can’t explain my contacts on my iPhone and iPad haven’t synced for about 6 months, in this time I’ve had both a new iPad (pro) and a new iPhone. Both show the same discrepancies. My iCloud is switched to on and to both devices, ive deleted the phone books and turned them back On. Still the same problem. The contacts list is correct on the iPhone.

Im in a pickle and if anyone could help that would be great

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
This has been bugging me for a while. For reasons I can’t explain my contacts on my iPhone and iPad haven’t synced for about 6 months, in this time I’ve had both a new iPad (pro) and a new iPhone. Both show the same discrepancies. My iCloud is switched to on and to both devices, ive deleted the phone books and turned them back On. Still the same problem. The contacts list is correct on the iPhone.

Im in a pickle and if anyone could help that would be great
If you go to www.icloud.com, log in, and navigate to contacts, do all contacts available on your phone show in the information screen? Scrolling to the bottom will give you a total just as it would on your phone.

In the meantime (if you have an Apple mail account configured) you could download an app like My Contacts Backup, sync your contacts to it, and email the vcard file to your account. If you go to your iPad, simply open the email and tap the attachment - all contacts are immediately imported into your local contacts app! Could be a good workaround.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
What would happen if you switch contact syncing off and back on again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.