Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fl89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
ive recently bought a mbp 15inch and a nikon camera with 2x 16gb sandiskt extreme video 30mb/s (class10) SD-HC cards.

Both work perfectly with the camera and a PC but won't be recognized by the macbook pro. Ive tried several times and once one card worked for an instant. (dunno why)

I know its a known issue, (Apple Discussion) but did someone find a workaround or maybe solved it by installing MacOS Lion ?

thx

Last edited:

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Hello,
ive recently bought a mbp 15inch and a nikon camera with 2x 16gb sandiskt extreme video 30mb/s (class10) SD-HC cards.

Both work perfectly with the camera and a PC but won't be recognized by the macbook pro. Ive tried several times and once one card worked for an instant. (dunno why)

I know its a known issue, (Apple Discussion) but did someone find a workaround or maybe solved it by installing MacOS Lion ?

thx
sounds like a software issue apple will have to address via software update. In the mean time you are probably going to have to just use an external card reader or plug the camera into the computer.

Lion is only available as a developer build and has not been released.

iamadreamer

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
hi, I am also using sandisk 16Gb (class 10) with mbp 15" mid 2010.

I have similar problem with you. Often the sdcard can't be detected by the mbp. If I remove and insert again the sdcard quickly several times, sometimes my mbp suddenly recognize it. Anyway, I am quite tired of it, so I just use card reader or directly plug the camera by usb cable.

Btw, there are some discussion from apple forum (https://discussions.apple.com/message/10149637?messageID=10149637) to try this one: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
But doesn't work for me.

If this is a software issue, I am wondering why apple keeps this problem for quite a long time (if I am not mistaken, this problem already happened since the first release of mbp with sdcard reader) and even until now there is no OS patch for this.

fl89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Problem solved for me....

today I tried the card in someone else's MBP and it was workin ... that was really annoyin

so at home I tried to deinstall/deactivate everything not really important.

the first thing was growl...aaaaand there you go! card works now perfectly...no more problems

and if that doesnt work for u... keep ya heads up... :apple: Lion will fix it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.