Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SirVikon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

i installed the Beta 14.1 some days ago and now i have the problem that i can't change the volume with Siri. Its also impossible to ask Siri at which volume the HomePod is playing music. It's always "something wrong. Try again later.". The rest is working without any problems and i can change the volume via the touch controls or via iPhone.

I also have removed the HomePod from the Home two times. BC there is no possibility to go back to 13.6 i have to deal with it? It is no general problem (i haven't found something equal on the internet).

Any suggestions for me?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Hi,

i installed the Beta 14.1 some days ago and now i have the problem that i can't change the volume with Siri. Its also impossible to ask Siri at which volume the HomePod is playing music. It's always "something wrong. Try again later.". The rest is working without any problems and i can change the volume via the touch controls or via iPhone.

I also have removed the HomePod from the Home two times. BC there is no possibility to go back to 13.6 i have to deal with it? It is no general problem (i haven't found something equal on the internet).

Any suggestions for me?

I’m guessing you mean you have upgraded the HomePod to 14.1 (as that is the only 14.1 version of any software available)? If that is the case then you cannot restore it back, you’re going to have to wait. And I assume you have reported it as a bug to Apple as per you agreeing to the beta program?

Reactions: SirVikon

SirVikon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I know, that is impossible to downgrade the HomePod ... i thought, it will be possible to reinstall the Beta 14.1 ... but that's seems to be impossible too ... so, my HomePod can't change by Siri in volume ... **** happens.

Of Course i reported the bug, but there is no HomePod Section in the feedback-App, so i reported it via the iOS section of the iPhone.

It seems no general problem, bc some friends have no problems with the 14.1 on their HomePods.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
try rebooting your router/wifi

HomePods are picky about their wifi, and while it doesn't make sense some commands would work and others don't, a reboot won't really hurt anything, but could help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.