Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Note any problems you've had so far here.

For me the installation went smooth but using anything besides one desktop is not really working for me.

Edit: Restart seems to have fixed this.

Last edited:

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
USA
spaces isn't working for you?

Nope. Maybe a restart will fix it but the problem I'm having is:

Anything put on a desktop past 1 will teleport back to desktop 1 if you bring focus to it.

All desktops besides desktop1 does not have any of the icons on the right side of the top tool bar

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Nope. Maybe a restart will fix it but the problem I'm having is:

Anything put on a desktop past 1 will teleport back to desktop 1 if you bring focus to it.

All desktops besides desktop1 does not have any of the icons on the right side of the top tool bar

Are you using a non apple monitor?

I saw this behavior at work, but at home with my 27" ACD it is working normally on my retina macbook pro

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Are you using a non apple monitor?

I saw this behavior at work, but at home with my 27" ACD it is working normally on my retina macbook pro

It's a 2010 13' Macbook pro. I have no external monitor.

Another issue:

Putting the screen to sleep and then waking it leaves me with a black screen. Only way to get the screen back is to put the computer to sleep by closing the lid and opening it again.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
ah ok, I misread that. I had an issue with multiple displays where nothing but a gray desktop with no windows appeared my macbook pro screen when I was using an external monitor.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
USA
ah ok, I misread that. I had an issue with multiple displays where nothing but a gray desktop with no windows appeared my macbook pro screen when I was using an external monitor.

Actually the problem did fix itself after a restart. I think it was caused somehow by trying to resume the open apps before I started the install.

After a restart my other problem remains that putting my display to sleep and then waking it leaves me with a black screen.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
iMessages will not log in and there is no Network Utility app anymore :(

Edit: iMessage just logged me in finally. It must have felt my typing complaint :)

So, my only issue at the moment is no Network Utility

MLMcMillion

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
Arkansas, USA
The only real issue I'm having is with some menu bar icons when using multiple monitors. A lot of them seem to get confused by the dual menu bars and have a lot of display glitches.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Note any problems you've had so far here.

"Review and use of pre-release software is strictly confidential. You may not discuss the seed outside of the forums provided by the AppleSeed Program. Keeping information about pre-release software confidential is critical to Apple's future success and the success of the AppleSeed Program. Please read and comply with the terms of the agreement to avoid legal consequences."

Unless of course you didn't sign the NDA and got your copy from some random unknown source?

Last edited:

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
"Review and use of pre-release software is strictly confidential. You may not discuss the seed outside of the forums provided by the AppleSeed Program. Keeping information about pre-release software confidential is critical to Apple's future success and the success of the AppleSeed Program. Please read and comply with the terms of the agreement to avoid legal consequences."

Unless of course you didn't sign the NDA and got your copy from some random unknown source?
Dude, unwad your panties. It's a "Mavericks" forum. What else should it be used for?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Dude, unwad your panties. It's a "Mavericks" forum. What else should it be used for?

Obviously the forum was put here for the sake of... errr... it being here when the release happens.

Yeah.

I totally believe what I just put. >_>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.