Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Can you recommend safe products to clean iphone x.

I understand Apple recommend a damp lint free cloth but this is not always practical. If I'm at work for example where would I dry my cloth. Also I'm paranoid any cloth will pickup dust and crap which could in turn scratch my screen. How many times do you use a cloth or even store it to avoid this? How many times can you wash a cloth before its wrecked?

If anyone can recommend any disposable wipes that don't streak? Or packs of safe cloths that wash well.

I've used the pink cloth that came with my Samsung TV a few times and it's worked well but as I say it's potentially dirty now and it's the type of cloth thaT I can see would be ruined if made wet.

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
You could use an ammonia free product like "Endust Screen Cleaner."
But I often use "Zeiss Lens Wipes," but it has alcohol in it; however, my (and your) iPhone X has a durable glass and Zeiss Lens wipes are for cleaning professional lenses. So, I use it pretty much everyday.

You could find both anywhere, Wal-mart or Target or on-line.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 147
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Reactions: Shaarujon567

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
You could use an ammonia free product like "Endust Screen Cleaner."
But I often use "Zeiss Lens Wipes," but it has alcohol in it; however, my (and your) iPhone X has a durable glass and Zeiss Lens wipes are for cleaning professional lenses. So, I use it pretty much everyday.

You could find both anywhere, Wal-mart or Target or on-line.

Thanks for the info. My only concern with using alcohol products is damaging or wiping away the oleophobic coating.

I'm in the UK but will have a look for these products.

Reactions: Shaarujon567
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.