Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2010
I had rotten luck getting an iPad Pro that didn't have an issue (clicking screen, dim pixels in the corner, touch ID button raised). I noticed that the local Apple Stores stopped getting stock of them on Saturday (usually they get at least a few of each color each day). I have a automated script that checks inventory and sends me a message when they're in stock so it was weird that I got zero notifications from Saturday until Wednesday.

On Wednesday afternoon, I got a notification that the silver 128GB WiFi were in stock. I thought "Well, fourth time's the charm, right?" and purchased one on Wednesday (11/25).

I got it home and it's perfect. Screen is bright, no noises or issues at all. I opened coconutBattery and was shocked that the production date was Monday, November 23rd (that was only 2 days prior to me purchasing it!)

I wonder if Apple made a change in production that slowed (or stopped) production for a day or two?
This iPad doesn't have the problem with having to force-restart it after charging either. The previous iPads I had *did* have that problem (and I set all of them up as new)

Curious.

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I bought an iPad Pro on launch day 11/11 and it has none of those issues. It's never frozen once when charging. However others have noted that this is a slightly newer OS build that is installed if you restore the iPad and some have said this fixes the freezing problem for them. It's likely a new device would have this update installed.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2010
I bought an iPad Pro on launch day 11/11 and it has none of those issues. It's never frozen once when charging. However others have noted that this is a slightly newer OS build that is installed if you restore the iPad and some have said this fixes the freezing problem for them. It's likely a new device would have this update installed.

The new build (13B144) came out last Saturday https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/theres-an-updated-ios-9-1-release-for-ipad-pro.1939758/

I've seen people complaining (since then) that it's still happening, but don't know if they've upgraded yet.

I was just shocked that I received a unit that was produced two days prior.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.