Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Before I make the change, I wanted to confirm it would be ok? Figured it would be fine going by some of the other profile pics I have seen.

Thanks!

Reactions: icanhazmac

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Well, um, I'd think it would be quite controversial. I also don't know why you want to make your profile picture your bulge... :confused:

Many reasons but just one for right now. That's why I am asking. I want to know if it's ok and doesn't go against any rules.

That's all I am asking at this point. So if a mod can chime in and let me know that would be great. If it's a NO, we can start a conversation about something else. :)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Before I make the change, I wanted to confirm it would be ok? Figured it would be fine going by some of the other profile pics I have seen.

Thanks!
We don't allow vulgar member avatars (yes, I realize that is very subjective). If you see an avatar you think is vulgar, please go to the person's profile and click the report button at the top right to report the avatar.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
We don't allow vulgar member avatars (yes, I realize that is very subjective). If you see an avatar you think is vulgar, please go to the person's profile and click the report button at the top right to report the avatar.

Is there a definition of that other than the obvious? If you seen an outline of my peen but everything is covered, does that fall under that umbrella?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Is there a definition of that other than the obvious? If you seen an outline of my peen but everything is covered, does that fall under that umbrella?
It would depend on the image. What happens when we get a report like this is the image gets posted in a thread all the staff monitors and we discuss and come to a consensus.

Reactions: adrianlondon

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
If you actually need to make it of your bulge, I don't think a detailed outline would be allowed. A generic bump would be a good compromise.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
An extraordinary thread.

Initially, when I read the question asked by the OP about whether an avatar could feature an image of a "bulge", my original assumption was that it may have been about a bulge that results from pregnancy, and I wondered why this should be an issue. For, in my world, that is what one assumes when one reads about how someone is showing a bulge.

Then, I read the tread, and, in fact, had to read it (closely) twice in order to be entirely certain of what exactly was under discussion.

Now, - dawning comprehension - I must ask why anyone would even - or ever - wish to have such an avatar above their nom-de-plume.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you want to impress, the potato goes in the front.
LOL,
Not this:
1680011284650.png

• Haha
Reactions: DeltaMac

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Transformation is complete. I await the decision. I will change it without issue if that is the determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.