Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getagrip15

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
North Carolina
With the public release of 13.1 coming, I wanted to delete the public beta profile from my phone. I went to GENERAL > SETTINGS and the PROFILES option is not there. Very confusing as I’m running 13.1 beta 4. Any ideas? Tried redownloading the beta profile, but the PROFILES menu option is still missing. Also rebooted the phone afterward.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
This has been posted about a few times. The common link seems to be that people install the profile, install iOS 13.1 b4, then do a reset of their phone, or a full restore from backup, and then notice that the profile has gone. This isn't so surprising - the wipe and/or restore will delete it (well, technically, it just doesn't restore it).

if you want to stay with betas, you'll need to install the profile again. However, if you re-install the profile and the profiles area is still missing then that does sound like a bug! Hopefully the phone will pick up today's official release and sort itself out one way or the other.

getagrip15

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
North Carolina
This has been posted about a few times. The common link seems to be that people install the profile, install iOS 13.1 b4, then do a reset of their phone, or a full restore from backup, and then notice that the profile has gone. This isn't so surprising - the wipe and/or restore will delete it (well, technically, it just doesn't restore it).

if you want to stay with betas, you'll need to install the profile again. However, if you re-install the profile and the profiles area is still missing then that does sound like a bug! Hopefully the phone will pick up today's official release and sort itself out one way or the other.
Yes, this is what happened. Had an iPhone XS Max running 13.1b4 and when I got my new 11 Pro Max I installed the beta profile, updated it, then restored from iCloud backup. I ran into an issue with some missing data, so I reset the phone and restored via the transfer option (instead of iCloud). That worked great, but now the PROFILES option is missing under SETTING > GENERAL, and I can’t seem to install the beta profile now. Really bizarre. We’ll see if I can update to the 13.1 release later today. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.