Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
I was a little unsure of joining this service as I already subscribe to Netflix and Amazon. However, took the plunge and boy am I glad I did. The three programmes I have seen so far were excellent particularly The Elephant Queen. Both picture quality(4K) and sound(Atmos) are brilliant on my setup.

Congratulations to all involved and keep uyp the good work.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
I was a little unsure of joining this service as I already subscribe to Netflix and Amazon. However, took the plunge and boy am I glad I did. The three programmes I have seen so far were excellent particularly The Elephant Queen. Both picture quality(4K) and sound(Atmos) are brilliant on my setup.

Congratulations to all involved and keep uyp the good work.

The Elephant Queen is the one that interests me. Exceptional regarding your comments on picture & sound quality. WELL DONE APPLE! (A friend at the gym was showing me it on his iPhone XS last night - he was bowled over by the picture quality. It did look outstanding on the iPhone's OLED Dolby Vision screen.

Reactions: bigrids

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I agree. In my opinion The Elephant Queen is the best thing available on TV+ right now. I loved the dung beetle segment. The "Ride of the Valkyries" and not-so-subtle helicopter sound effects were hilarious. As much as I love watching nature documentaries with Sir David Attenborough he can be a bit melodramatic at times and a touch of levity in a nature documentary is a welcome change.

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
I agree. In my opinion The Elephant Queen is the best thing available on TV+ right now. I loved the dung beetle segment. The "Ride of the Valkyries" and not-so-subtle helicopter sound effects were hilarious. As much as I love watching nature documentaries with Sir David Attenborough he can be a bit melodramatic at times and a touch of levity in a nature documentary is a welcome change.
Yes dung beetle segment brilliant. Helicopter sounds in atmos unbelievable going all round my room. And the geese with the camera somehow alongside them. Best photography I've ever seen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.