Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roksraka

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Slovenia
Hello! I'm looking for suggestions regarding project management software/service. We are a group of 5 architecture students, who need a way to chat and send messages, and also upload files in multiple iterations to a common folder, comment on them etc., and have some sort of a calendar/timeline feature. Anything goes, as long as it's free and not facebook :) Recommendations?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
If you want something that's great for collaboration, docs, notes, handling multiple projects, check out Basecamp. It's cheap, free for students, we've used it in conjunction with Pivotal, Jira (agile software trackers), but it sounds like your iteration process would be easily handled by it alone.

Producteev will give you a little more of a agile PM interface, but it's very task/time driven and for lighter weight project coordination, I like Basecamp.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hello! I'm looking for suggestions regarding project management software/service. We are a group of 5 architecture students, who need a way to chat and send messages, and also upload files in multiple iterations to a common folder, comment on them etc., and have some sort of a calendar/timeline feature. Anything goes, as long as it's free and not facebook :) Recommendations?
Basecamp?
You can have different project, set to do's and upload files. Because it's web based you can log in anywhere on anything.

We use it at work. Basecamp 3: Manage projects, groups, and client work.

Reactions: Pamani
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.