Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
As I stated in my other post, I'm a self taught street photographer, but "gave it up" when I became unwell, roughly 7 years ago.

I had some lovely gear (5D Mk II, 24-70 2.8L, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro etc) but sold it all.

However, I've decided to get back into photography, but I'm going to use what I have right now (iPhone & two MacBooks) to see what I come up with. Rather than a "hindrance" I truly believe this approach will force me to be more creative. I'm going to have to manipulate situations, settings, and my POV to produce the composition I intend to achieve.

If I do get the "addiction" back, I'm going to go all out & buy a 5D Mk IV & 24-70 2.8L IS, but that will only be if I really fall in love with photography again (we're talking about 5.5k here, when including a second battery, memory cards etc) so I have to be sure.

But! For the time being, I think I'm going to really enjoy developing my photographic eye, once again, and maybe I'll venture out of street photography, and try other forms. They do say that a change is as good as a rest!

Are any of you purely iPhone photographers? If so, what flavour of photography are you into?

Wishing you all well, and keep shooting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.