Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
The natural tit looked very goldish during the presentation, yet in their promo movies on YouTube it looks very gray in natural daylight.
I wanted a golden pro this year, and I thought the goldish shine from the presentation would suffice. But seeing videos of the phone in natural daylight shows a very dull dead gray. ( sorry for the people who like natiral tit)

it feels like the presentation is almost misleading to the actual color, which I didn’t really find of previous presentations. Anyone else had this impression?

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
A Guided Tour of iPhone 15 & iPhone 15 Pro  Apple - YouTube.jpeg

This is a screenshot of their Apples promo, its very gray.
I think Apple has its press releases and product shows in a white room with very warm light.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I think this is the case of many colors that will have different shades depending of the light (that was the case of alpine green iPhone, starlight, midnight MBA, etc.). So I wouldn't say that it's misleading, just that this is a complex color that will look different depending of the environment. Natural titanium seems to sit between silver and starlight

Best way to get an accurate representation of the color is to have the phone in your hand, promos and reviews will always be slightly off with color representation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.