Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
I noticed this as well. I guess the question is, do the orders from the US site ship from within the US? If thats the case they will arrive much quicker than an item that has to ship from overseas.

AU: http://www.studioproper.com.au/pages/shipping
US: http://www.studioproper.com/pages/shipping

Orders typically ship within 24 hours from our [sic] of our regional fulfilment centers.

Standard ground shipping (untracked) is offered at no cost on all orders, regardless of delivery destination. We also offer express shipping (trackable) for an additional fee. Express shipping options and associated fees are calculated during checkout based on real time shpping rates.

And they do have two physical addresses, one in Australia, and the other in California. My guess is that they'll ship from the closest region, however, since it's a new product, it might be produced and shipped to their headquarters in Australia first, then their fulfillment center in the US.

alon.tamir

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2015
I noticed this as well. I guess the question is, do the orders from the US site ship from within the US? If thats the case they will arrive much quicker than an item that has to ship from overseas.

All US/North American orders, regardless of which site the order is placed through, will ship from our facility in California.

Regards!

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
All US/North American orders, regardless of which site the order is placed through, will ship from our facility in California.

Regards!

Alon, do you have a more specific timeframe in May when you will be shipping the Watchkeeper?

applegeek97

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
California
I just made my own box. I went to Michael's and bought a wood box, then a piece of leather for $6. Then I just cut the leather and hot glued it. It looks great- just needs a watch!

enblue

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Germany
Good Choice :)

This.

I pledged towards the PREMIUM ONE W2 dual today. I'll use the cable and charger that comes with the Watch for travel.

Thanks a lot for backing us on Kickstarter. We already got more than 400% funded and are already working on production. We will start shipping in June.

We further think there will be a clear line between home/office based chargers (like our Premium One line) and mobile/traveling chargers. We got some great concepts in mind for the mobile ones but it doesn't make sense before Apple supports third party or MFI chargers for the Watch. Keep in mind, iPhone and Watch belong together and usually you won't travel with just one of them.

This requires (IMO) a slim combo concept, preferably with less cables as possible.
And it should work on any model and band....

H3rman

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
Thanks a lot for backing us on Kickstarter. We already got more than 400% funded and are already working on production. We will start shipping in June.

We further think there will be a clear line between home/office based chargers (like our Premium One line) and mobile/traveling chargers. We got some great concepts in mind for the mobile ones but it doesn't make sense before Apple supports third party or MFI chargers for the Watch. Keep in mind, iPhone and Watch belong together and usually you won't travel with just one of them.

This requires (IMO) a slim combo concept, preferably with less cables as possible.
And it should work on any model and band....

Good to hear from the man himself. I have also backed you on kickstarter with an order for a W2 Premium One dock. Look forwards to seeing the travel ones you come up with.

For me, I never take my watch off unless I'm in bed, but a travel :apple: Watch charging stand sounds ideal for when I'm away for work or on holiday.

applegeek97

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
California
You can't tell us that and not include a picture of it! Haha

Here you go! Pretty good for $6, I even drilled a hole in the back for the charger to go through!

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 206

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
I dont charge my devices in the same spot each night, it depends. So I'm just gonna use the cable.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Hello!

Thanks for sharing and for all the great feedback here, we're really excited about WatchKeeper and can't wait to get it to you all.

Quick note to let you know that our US/Global website might simplify your ordering process - http://www.studioproper.com/pages/apple-watch-charging-dock

Regards!
Alon

Founder @ Proper
http://www.studioproper.com

----------

Hello Ant,

Worth noting that the stainless steel link band does quite easily come apart at the clasp and can be used with WatchKeeper.

Regards,
Alon

----------

Great points Bryan - Thanks for sharing.

To provide further context, when designing WatchKeeper we focused on a solution that protects the watch whilst providing an improved charging experience whether at home/office of travelling.

Further, we feel that the charging experience with Apple Watch differs significantly from the iPhone/iPad.

For iPhone/iPad you want to be able to see incoming notifications, play media, receive calls, etc whilst charging. With the Watch however, we feel that when it's charging you'll default back to your iPhone and may choose to charge it with WatchKeeper 'closed' to provide complete protection.

Hope that helps ;)

Regards!

Do you have any coupons for MacRumors members? I'd be willing to get one!

Last edited:

Karnicopia

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2015
I really like this concept as a traveling storage solution. I feel like it would be a huge advantage of this case could store extra bands maybe below the charger or above the lid. Just a great flip store and head out with everything you need option. I plan on having a link so couldn't use everyday but could just remove a link for storing, transport, or travel. Really don't need a phone dock when I travel so this would be perfect. Great job this is a really cool idea! I'm thinking of this for travel and mophie for home.

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I really like the lay-flat chargers, but they won't work with my milanese. :-/

And these travel cases only make sense if you're traveling with multiple watches which is going to be a pretty enthusiast thing to do. Doesn't apply to the vast majority of people. And even still, the mechanical watches will likely be for special events and would be the one needing to be packed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.