Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Hey guys.

I'm considering going into a videography/photography field in the future. I just got my shots developed from a class trip down to North Carolina. Figured I'd share and see what you guys thought. :D

Feel free to critique. Praise doesn't quite help me improve :eek: ;)

(shot with a 20 year old olympus camera. Kodak portra 800)

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Pic-4.jpg
    Pic-4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Pic-5.jpg
    Pic-5.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 110

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I like the ones without the people in, the first 2 feel like snapshots because it looks posed. The one with the glasses is nice as well but my favourite is the one with the electronic device in focus.

If you want more opinions on your photos then might I suggest flickr.com?

Thats where I send mine, I add a few here but it is hit and miss with opinions here. Thats one reason why I have replied, I hate it also when I think I have a good picture and want an opinion on it.

Hope I have helped?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I like the bottom three the best. I'm intrigued by the fourth one (the one with the person reading a book) I like the how it looks "sneaky" and the person is out of focus and the book is in focus which in turn brings it more forward than the person. Hope that made sense.

The one with the waterfall (?) I like the horizontal lines and how the water falling has been caught in time. The whole photo just looks interesting, IMO.

I agree that the top two are not as "artistic" as the bottom three. Although one may find posed photos as artistic, so that is rather subjective to some degree.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
tech4all said:
I agree that the top two are not as "artistic" as the bottom three. Although one may find posed photos as artistic, so that is rather subjective to some degree.

Actually those two aren't posed. I had to sneak up on them :D

But yes. They do look posed and more simple than the others. I was going for a portrait kind of look.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Erendiox said:
Actually those two aren't posed. I had to sneak up on them :D

But yes. They do look posed and more simple than the others. I was going for a portrait kind of look.

You should have snuck up on them, tried to scare them and capture that expression --> :eek:

;) :D

aamiic

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2005
Quite honestly, the only one I like is the last one.

Probably the worst place to post these as well, try a photo forum (http://www.photo.net or dpreview.com or something).

Good luck!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
not bad, i like the ones without people as well

when i get experimental i like to work with funky angles and looking at objects in a way that they usually are not seen etc, i need a new camera bad...but anyways

the ones with people are good for memories and whatnot, typical pictures

keep up the work and it will always help, the more you work at it the better you will become

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.