Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goatboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Hi! I recently got myself and digi 002, and a macbook, not a macbook pro, i'm currently downloading the upgrade for protools intel based macs. But im not sure if it will work on my macbook!

Anyone have any info?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
goatboy said:
Hi! I recently got myself and digi 002, and a macbook, not a macbook pro, i'm currently downloading the upgrade for protools intel based macs. But im not sure if it will work on my macbook!

Anyone have any info?

Download 7.1.1 for intel mac. It will work, it does on my macbook.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
let us know if it works. in looking at the digidesign site, for both 002 compatability and LE 7.1.1 intel mac compatability, i don't see the macbook listed.

edit: but i see it does work for macrumoruser; sometimes setups work but digi hasn't yet completed its compatibility tests. they'll usually let you know on the phone if users have reported success or problems in such instances.

goatboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THANK GOD! Thats the best news i've heard all day, ive just spent near on 3 grand on everything and got into a panic! Cheers, thanks very much!

Mike.

goatboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Will do. Im upgrading it tomorrow. I'll let you know the out come.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Runs fine on a iMac and a MBP, the only issue you may have is running compressed video with the integrated graphics, but thats just a guess on my part.

Realfi

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2006
I'm about to purchase a Macbook Pro 15.4 to run with my Mbox and I'd really like to hear from anyone who's successfully doing so.

I'm curious as to whether you're running a firewire drive, how much RAM is on board and how you're going from the point of view of track-counts etc.

For 002 users...is anyone running>external firewire>oo2 in series?

People tell me this will work will it?

I ultimately want to upgrade to a 002 but the 15.4 only has 1 x firewire 400 of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.