Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dandu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

I have have a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2011 prototype, with a red motherboard and i want to sell it. Have you an idea for the price ?

It's a 13 inch 2011 (MPBP 8,1) with HDD (320 GB) and 4 GB of RAM, SuperDrive. Mac OS X say the CPU is a Core i3, but it's a Core i7 ES, i mean (2620M, 2,7 GHz, 4 MB of cache, etc.). There is a Thunderbolt logo on the side, but the Thunderbolt is not inside, System Information say there is no Thunderbolt.

The machine is in good state, only minor scratch.

It works with Snow Leopard, but *not* with Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks (only in safe mode with these three OSes).

mbp01.png

mbp02.JPG

mbp03.JPG

MicrosoftApple

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2014
Well basically its a prototype the price will depend on your usage
Better off giving an auction at eBay Price starting from 700 or 800 $
Giving it for free or as a donation would not be a good idea

SonnyDickson

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hi,

I have have a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2011 prototype, with a red motherboard and i want to sell it. Have you an idea for the price ?

It's a 13 inch 2011 (MPBP 8,1) with HDD (320 GB) and 4 GB of RAM, SuperDrive. Mac OS X say the CPU is a Core i3, but it's a Core i7 ES, i mean (2620M, 2,7 GHz, 4 MB of cache, etc.). There is a Thunderbolt logo on the side, but the Thunderbolt is not inside, System Information say there is no Thunderbolt.

The machine is in good state, only minor scratch.

It works with Snow Leopard, but *not* with Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks (only in safe mode with these three OSes).

mbp01.png

mbp02.JPG

mbp03.JPG

Hey Mate! Do you still have this device?

Dandu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Yep, i can make test (actually, i have flashed the firmware from a commercial model)

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Yep, i can make test (actually, i have flashed the firmware from a commercial model)

Although I couldn’t say the value. Unless you can flash it back to the prototype firmware. That probably dinged some or a lot of any collectors value.

Dandu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
i have flashed with a bus pirate, and i can flashed back to the "proto" firmware without problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.