Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SqueegyX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I think I got all my certificates and provisioning setup right, but I still cant install any apps to my iphone.

According to: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/devices/howto.action

All I have to do is set the item under "Code Signing" in XCode's Project info to "iPhone Developer: My Name", but my provisioning profile doesn't show up in the drop down below if I do that. If I leave it at the default of "iPhone Developer" then I can select my provisioning profile form the drop down.

However, either easy I still can't install my app, and I get an error:

"Your mobile device has encountered an unexpected error (0xE8000001) during the install phase: Verifying application"

I've read this is a code signing issue, and I have rebooted my iPhone a couple of times. Any ideas?

kitkk2

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
"Your mobile device has encountered an unexpected error (0xE8000001) during the install phase: Verifying application"

I've read this is a code signing issue, and I have rebooted my iPhone a couple of times. Any ideas?

I had the same problem at first. Solved it by going to the Target for your application in Xcode. Goto Info -> Properties -> Fill in the Identifier field with com.yourcompany such that is matches what you setup on the developer website.

SqueegyX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Hmm, well according to the iphone dev program website "You are not required to enter your App ID into your Xcode project. Xcode will incorporate the App ID automatically."

I tried what you said, and I still cant select my profile after I type in my name as the tutorials instruct. I've double checked all the spellings.

I am using a wildcard app ID though, could that be the problem? It looks like this on the website

Code:
(RANDOMCHARACTERS).com.mydomain.*
So I set the app ID in xcode to:

Code:
(RANDOMCHARACTERS).com.mydomain.${PRODUCT_NAME:identifier}

Is that right?

EDIT: Yes I have both certificates in my keychain. The personal one, and the WWDR certificate. I put them in the "login" keychain, because that was default and apple tell me to put them somewhere different.

SqueegyX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Thanks.

Provisioning now becomes simple. You need one Provisioning Profile for development and another one for distribution. One and only one of each type of provisioning profile. Each profile uses your one App ID. Put your development provisioning profile in ~/Library/MobileDevices/Provisions. Start XCODE and drag your distribution provisioning profiles to the xcode icon once it is running. XCode does something to distribution profiles (renames them at least) and puts them for you in ~/Library/MobileDevices/Provisioning Profiles/. But you cannot drag your distribution profiles into this folder directly.

That seemed to do it for me. The only thing I did different was put my .mobileprovision file in ~/Library/MobileDevices/Provisioning Profiles/ and drag it into XCode from there. No idea why that's necesary, but its working now. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.