Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macuser010101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
Hello,

I am trying to find a way to enter events in my calendar for different days, and I would like to be able to set a proximity notification to where, if I am within 30 miles of a particular location, a notification will kick up and say I'm close to that address.

Once I figure this out, I'd like to tighten this up by having this used for events for different days and times when I'm out on the road.

For example, if I am in a city and there is a Cycling class at the gym nearby where I have an event in my calendar, my calendar will put a notification letting me know I'm close by and have enough travel time to make the class.

I've done research and found that you can put "time to leave" and other items, but I'm not convinced these are what I am trying to accomplish.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(I posted this in the Mac OS forum because I wasn't sure if the ical on iphone and Mac are the same, but I'd be writing these events notifications from my Mac and using them on my phone).

Thanks in advance

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
No way to do this in the stock Calendar apps that I'm aware of. Sounds like it could be a handy trait for a 3rd party calendar app… I’d do some searching there and if you don’t find it, start writing code 😉

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.