Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I can see the forum but I can’t participate. Is this because I had a time out? The time out indicated it was in effect until this morning. It did not indicate the forum would be read-only. Is there a timeline for full access after a time out? If so, I wish that was spelled out somewhere. It certainly wasn’t mentioned in the time out message.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I have it set to ignore the PRSI forum so I can't see anything when I go to PRSI, but posts still appear on the right "Latest Posts" on https://forums.macrumors.com/ - so I get sucked in now and then. lol. But a few days ago I had forgotten that I had checked to ignore it and thought there was a problem with the forum. lol.

Loving dark mode.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Please use the contact us link and the admins will get back to regarding your PRSI access. Since is related to a specific moderation, this thread is not the proper avenue to discuss the issue.
Sorry, I didn’t know it wasn’t a technical glitch. And again, if there is a timeline for access post-moderation, it would be nice to see that timeline as part of the rules or FAQ.

EDIT: I searched the site high and low and have messaged the moderators, and I can not find nor get a reply as to what the steps/stages of a ban are. Is this something that you don’t want us to know? That’s your prerogative of course, but I won’t bother to keep checking on my access level if it’s permanently read-only.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
EDIT: I searched the site high and low and have messaged the moderators, and I can not find nor get a reply as to what the steps/stages of a ban are. Is this something that you don’t want us to know? That’s your prerogative of course, but I won’t bother to keep checking on my access level if it’s permanently read-only.
You should be receiving a reply to your specific inquiry today.

For anybody else following along, there is a sticky thread at this ^ link in PRSI that explains the PRSI block policy.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
You should be receiving a reply to your specific inquiry today.

For anybody else following along, there is a sticky thread at this ^ link in PRSI that explains the PRSI block policy.

And the thread that @Weaselboy links to is also linked to from the forum rules. The link in the forum rules leads to the "Read before posting" sticky in PRSI, where links to all the relevant info about PRSI can be found.

In other words, there's more than one road that leads to Rome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.