Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I need this fixed, and it's bothering me to no end.

I go to switch the color, and I can pick it in the color picker, but it only switches grays when I go to fill. What's the matter?!? I can't fill anything with colors anymore, and I have a graphic I need designed by tomorrow!

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 182

benwa02

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2004
Have you checked Image - > Mode - > and see if it says grayscale there, if so then click either CMYK or RGB

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
benwa02 said:
Have you checked Image - > Mode - > and see if it says grayscale there, if so then click either CMYK or RGB
Nope, in fact, I think that made it worse.

Is there anyway to reset PS's settings to the defaults?

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
The only thing I can think of that would do this is that you currently have a layer mask selected instead of the actual layer content. Check to see what you have selected in your layers panel: It is either the layer thumbnail itself, or the layer mask thumbnail (assuming you are using one to begin with). With the latter selected, your "colors" will display with their grayscale equivalents.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Orlando Furioso said:
The only thing I can think of that would do this is that you currently have a layer mask selected instead of the actual layer content. Check to see what you have selected in your layers panel: It is either the layer thumbnail itself, or the layer mask thumbnail (assuming you are using one to begin with). With the latter selected, your "colors" will display with their grayscale equivalents.
That did it. Thank you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.