Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Without any explanation (other than "this is exceptional value") PS Plus is going to cost more soon. The price is going from £39 to £49 for an annual subscription.

I just renewed a couple of months ago so I'm good for the time being but I've disabled Auto-renew. £50 is too much for what amounts to standard quality 'free' games and online play. I keep all my Plus games in a folder but I never find myself playing them. Besides I spend all my gaming time on the Switch now... even during peak PS4 I found myself splitting time between that, 3DS, and the occasional Wii U gem. Now it's all on Switch.

Are you planning on remaining a Plus subscriber?
Is the price increasing in America too?

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
My Plus is good till December 2019, since I picked up some good deals here and there (2 years for €20 with my new Telekom contract). So I guess I have 2 1/2 years to decide! :)

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I thought they did earlier in the Spring - from $50 to $60...
Even earlier, it was pretty much a year ago. I remember that because I signed up to PS Plus shortly before that. I was already wondering why Sony hadn't already increased the European prices, too.

However, as my subscription will renew a week or so before the upcoming price hike, I won't complain right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.