Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sameer ali

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2016
I've been having a problem with my PS3 controllers that my resident PS expert can't help me with, so I'm turning to you guys.

More than half the time when I try to turn the controllers on, all they do is blink 4 lights continuously, and never "connect" to the console. As a result, most of the time, I am tethered to the console via the USB cord, because the flashy lights go away when I plug the controller in.

The only thing that seems to fix the problem so far is turning the console off (via the switch in the back) and then turning it back on. Only then will the PS button get the controller to assign itself a number and work properly.

This happens when the controllers have been charging and when they have been not charging, so I don't think it is a battery issue.

I have the recent 40GB PS3 and I have the Nyko BlueWave remote dongle plugged in. I leave the PS3 on pretty much all the time. I don't know if any of these things are of relevance, but may be, so I included them.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

GxTony83

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2017
people can't just go out and buy a new console every time it messes up who do you think we are rich I don't think so ....
[doublepost=1496763999][/doublepost]My PS3 controller isn't syncing still and I believe this is a hardware problem and will not work anymore not even with a brand new controller or a wired or wireless will not work I need help and it's 2017 have anyone figured it out yet ? Reset button doesn't work so now what do I do ? Please anyone !!!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
people can't just go out and buy a new console every time it messes up who do you think we are rich I don't think so ....
[doublepost=1496763999][/doublepost]
My PS3 controller isn't syncing still and I believe this is a hardware problem and will not work anymore not even with a brand new controller or a wired or wireless will not work I need help and it's 2017 have anyone figured it out yet ? Reset button doesn't work so now what do I do ? Please anyone !!!

You don't need to buy a new one - just another used one.

The local used movie/music/game shop I frequent sells used PS3's starting at $70 (the PS3 Slims).

You can bring your controllers to the shop and they can see if the controllers still work thus knowing there's a problem with the console.

You'd be able to turn in your no-longer necessary extra controller towards a used system to make it even cheaper.

Hopefully, you have a place like this near where you live...

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.