Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Centris 650

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2002
Near Charleston, SC
With all of the unlimited plans rolling out our family is looking into ditching our ATT Uverse internet connection for Verizon Unlimited with a rocket pack. Wish unlimited video streaming im comfortable knowing we can watch Netflix/Hulu/etc on the Apple TV. HOWEVER I have a teenager who games. A LOT. My questions are....
1) How's the data? I've heard gaming for several hours a day doesn't suck as much data as you'd think.

2)Latencey? Any lag issues?

3)NAT limitations? I think my son would die if he couldn't talk with his pals while playing over watch.

Anything else I might need to know? I think we might try it for a month and see how it goes.

Thanks in advance.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I played FIFA 14 on the PS3 online through a hotspot on my phone. It was great with an occasional hiccup maybe once or twice a night (lag in play).

There was NAT limitations though. I'm sorry I don't have any hard numbers for you but that was my experience. That was a few years ago and LTE networks are much better now.

Reactions: Centris 650
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.