Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Got the data plan the day of release for the 3G in the US. My plan expires Sunday at 11:00 AM, however, ATT charged me late Friday/Early Saturday. After thirty minutes on the phone they agreed to take off the charge.

Just an FYI.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
It might seem odd, but they might just be charging early because of the weekend. The thing I am curious about is what date your iPad would renew and when the next period would be over. If you don't get the full 30 days out it, that's not right.

If you did get 30 days, but they just charged you early, well that seems pretty typical of AT&T.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
It might seem odd, but they might just be charging early because of the weekend. The thing I am curious about is what date your iPad would renew and when the next period would be over. If you don't get the full 30 days out it, that's not right.

If you did get 30 days, but they just charged you early, well that seems pretty typical of AT&T.

I currently have 7 hours left at 9pm.

I signed up around 4am on the 1st, so it appears that despite saying it goes thru the 31st, it is not extending to the close of that day.

Which might help explain why it isn't doing it on the day.... They probably can't figure out how to renew at all those crazy times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.