Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
So I installed watchOS 9 beta 4 on my S7 today, and the first thing I checked once it finished was Airplane Mode mirroring (it was broken on b3 and it remains broken on b4 - Focus mirroring works fine, but Airplane Mode doesn't) ... so I rebooted both my iPhone and my watch. Big mistake.

After rebooting, none of my third-party app complications are visible. The complications are not selectable while editing watch faces directly on the watch (only Apple's stock app complications show up). I can see the complications on my iPhone, but setting them up in the iPhone's Watch app doesn't actually make them visible on the watch. So Carrot, HeartWatch, etc - nothing works.

Just an FYI. It worked after updating to b4, but not after rebooting. YMMV.

Edit: rebooting didn't fix it, but a hard reset did. Hold the Digital Crown and side button, until the watch powers off.

Last edited:

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Having this problem after updating to
Watch public beta 4. All 3rd party complications missing as per above. They are there via phone but just can’t put on watch. Hard reset 3 times but no joy. Any suggestions ?

ardsar

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
I have the same issue. Hard reset does not help

FIXED by uninstalling one of the apps that had a complication from the watch and then reinstalling. All the complications came back.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.