Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
I've been looking for a stainless link bracelet for a while. Found a really good reproduction on ebay last week and at just about $70 for what appeared to be a visual and functionally identical stainless link bracelet I figured that's a good price for a no name china stainless bracelet.

Day 6 of wearing it one of the adjustment links came apart and dumped my watch in the sink while I was doing dishes. Looking into it bending the bracelet around causes it to let go, sometimes pretty easily.

Video;
aL1qOfE.jpg

MAIP0GD.jpg

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
I was planning to buy a SS link from a local site but seeing your post, I may try to find an original but pre-owned one. Luckily your watch fell in the sink and hopefully it is fine. But if you'd have dropped it on a hard floor, it could have damaged your watch badly. If it is an ebay store, you should able to claim it.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
This one is almost identical to the apple watch but they don't seem to have the skill to pull off the button disconnect in a reliable way. There's another almost identical to this one, same butterfly closure, but it has pins for sizing. I bet that one would be perfectly fine.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I was able to get a used Apple Space Black link bracelet on eBay for $128 a couple years ago, it had a few scuffs, but was great with my SBSS S4. More recently I paid about $250 for for a NIB SS link bracelet for my ultra. Personally I’d rather go with OEM for the piece of mind.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
I’ve got used OEM on the way, attached to a watch one generation newer too. This little taste was enough for me to see its worth it. Nice looking band.

Novius89

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2020
i just ordered an stainless link bracelet from spigen, curious about the quality. I can't and don't want to spend €250 on the official link bracelet.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
With a little patience and diligence they turn up on eBay pretty regularly it seems. They've been out for a while now. I just picked up a series 7 and link bracelet for a decent deal. Returning this broke third party bracelet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.