Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pfhortune

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Hermitage, TN
Hello!

Wanted to share my findings about this somewhere since I no longer post on Reddit.

I have both the USB-C and Lightning versions of the Razer Kishi 2 controller, and have been curious if the USB-C version will work with the iPhone 15 despite not having any kind of MFi certification. I connected it to my iPhone 15 Pro, and it works great! No software update or anything needed, it just works! I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't have a huge iOS game collection, but I tested with Marathon and Baba is You, and all the buttons and analogue sticks seem to work as expected. I did not try the Razer app, however, nor did I try using the remappable keys on the top of the controller.

Sadly, it does not fit with my Spigen Mag Armor case, so I do have to take that off to use the controller, but still pleased that it works at all!

Peterkishi

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
@
Hello!

Wanted to share my findings about this somewhere since I no longer post on Reddit.

I have both the USB-C and Lightning versions of the Razer Kishi 2 controller, and have been curious if the USB-C version will work with the iPhone 15 despite not having any kind of MFi certification. I connected it to my iPhone 15 Pro, and it works great! No software update or anything needed, it just works! I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't have a huge iOS game collection, but I tested with Marathon and Baba is You, and all the buttons and analogue sticks seem to work as expected. I did not try the Razer app, however, nor did I try using the remappable keys on the top of the controller.

Sadly, it does not fit with my Spigen Mag Armor case, so I do have to take that off to use the controller, but still pleased that it works at all!
Does it also work with cloud gaming like MS Cloud Gaming, Geforce Now or Game streaming from Xbox?

ictiosapiens

macrumors regular
May 9, 2006
Hello!

Do you think it'd work with a more minimalist case? Or with an apple case?

Thanks.

mysticalos

macrumors member
May 8, 2007
I've been trying to get it to work but it seems if it doesn't have latest firmware it doesn't. and if it doesn't you need to upgrade firmware on an android device first which I do not own so my kishi 2 doesn't work out of box cause it's older inventory :\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.