Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2021
Not sure when this happened since I tried to do it when the Savings debuted but looks like you can add your Savings info to pay off your Apple Card now.

cliqueUX

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2023
Hi Sheepish, Would you mind explaining what you saw in your wallet app and how you set it up? I just looked at didn't see any option to pay via savings. Are you on the ios 17 beta? Updated security response 16.5.1.(c)? Did you have to grab the routing number and account number of your savings account and manually enter them in as a payment option? Or was it just available for you to go all automatically set up?
Thanks!

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2021
Hi Sheepish, Would you mind explaining what you saw in your wallet app and how you set it up? I just looked at didn't see any option to pay via savings. Are you on the ios 17 beta? Updated security response 16.5.1.(c)? Did you have to grab the routing number and account number of your savings account and manually enter them in as a payment option? Or was it just available for you to go all automatically set up?
Thanks!
I’m on the current 16.5.1(c). Yes you’ll need to grab the Apple savings account & routing number and enter it manually as a bank. Once that’s done you can make payments on your Apple Card by choosing the savings account.

Wallet app -> Apple Card -> … menu -> card details -> bank accounts -> add bank account routing & account from the HYSA and make payment from that account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.