Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dilmerv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey guys how are you doing and good afternoon,

I am the founder and creator of "PScreen" which I developed in my own time as part of a new startup company called "Apps Fab".

PScreen is my new product which provides a convenient way to take screenshots and now available as a menu bar application.

This initial release is fully supported with macOS High Sierra and includes the following features:

1. Full Screenshot option to take screenshots of the entire screen.
2. Window Screenshot” option to take screenshots of specific windows.
3. Area Screenshot” option to take screenshots of specific areas on the screen.
4. Clipboard support allowing you to paste images to any of your rich content applications such as Mail, Notes, and others.
5. Includes 4 different screenshot image types including png, jpg, tiff, and pdf that can be set under preferences.
6. Play sounds during screenshots can be toggle on and off in preferences.
7. Show screenshots preview can also be toggle on and off in preferences.

Here's also a quick preview of the application in action:

Mac App Store Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pscreen/id1393067116

Thanks and I hope you find it as useful as I do!

Dilmer Valecillos
Founder of Apps Fab Inc

Last edited:

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I applaud your effort with the app, but it gives reason for pause. You're selling a $3 app that does absolutely nothing that isn't already built-in to the OS (with the exception of having an icon in the menubar and a screenshot previews—which I suspect will be released in a Mojave update anyway.)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort put in, and the fact that your app makes it easier for new users to access these things. But the fact is, there are free apps that also do this—and I suspect that newbie users aren't going to pay $3 for something they didn't even know they needed or even had the capability to do.

Have you considered adding some exclusive features to PScreen to make the purchase worth making? For instance, MonoSnap allows you to automatically upload your screenshots to an FTP site or other cloud-based storage site + copy the URL to the clipboard, as well as record video and edit screenshots right in the app (also available via menubar). MonoSnap is free. You're competing with a very mature app category, so you're going to need to up your game to be competitive.

I see that almost all your apps are similar in that they put a different GUI on something that's built in to the OS. So maybe I'm a complete fool and you've stumbled upon a clever money-making scheme that works.

G4DPII

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
There is a load of apps that do things already present n the OS. People should just learn how to use the software that runs the computer they use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.