Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
I was pretty excited to get one but now i'm not so sure. Supposedly it's not backawards compatible with PSVR 1 games, for those that had the previous gen games. The games lineup looks pretty weak with the exception of Horizon West or whatever its called. The price is more than the PS5 but it's in line with expectations. It's the games that matter and not just glorified tech demos. So unless something really cool gets announced like Gran Turismo 7 VR or I can play GT 7 with the new VR 2 headset, that I might consider.

And it's a wired headset via USB-C. Preorders start Nov 15th and you can register today for that chance.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm not surprised at the pricing, I imagine 550 will be around €600 here. It will be a hard sell and a niche offering, but honestly VR will likely always remain that way.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
I'm not surprised at the pricing, I imagine 550 will be around €600 here. It will be a hard sell and a niche offering, but honestly VR will likely always remain that way.
I agree that VR is still niche. I have yet to buy a VR setup. I do have a PS5 and was interested in the PSVR 2 but only the Horizon game interest me. That's not enough to justify $550. Now if they were to incorporate that into Gran Turismo 7, I might consider it.

salz4life

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2019
Fox Lake, IL
We got my daughter the what is now Meta Quest 2 a couple Christmases ago. She enjoys it occasionally. I tried it and thought it was cool enough, but have not thought about it enough to get a game on there. The NFL football thing looks kind of cool, but again... VR just doesn't do enough for me to justify. Maybe Apple will come up with some kind of "killer app" that will make VR more appealing to me... or maybe i'm just too old for it to ever make an impact for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.