Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you buying the PSVR2?

• Waiting for more info on the price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I meant when you are playing :)
Do you have to do hand movements, or can you just sit still with the device on your head..

Depends on the game. Most games have the option of minimal movement or maximal movement for control. Shooting games, you're obviously going to have to simulate shooting weapons with your hands. Racing games obviously require less hand movement. Games do give the option of sitting or standing. I imagine some games will require standing.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Man, Horizon VR is awesome!!!

And what's most important for me, on the PSVR1 I got sick after 5 minutes in games where you move around a lot, and on the PSVR2 I haven't felt sick (yet). Longest I've played in one session was 35-40 minutes, which for me is impressive.

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
How many cables are required to use this? I remember the PSVR1 buried my living room in cables and extra boxes. 😅

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Man, Horizon VR is awesome!!!

And what's most important for me, on the PSVR1 I got sick after 5 minutes in games where you move around a lot, and on the PSVR2 I haven't felt sick (yet). Longest I've played in one session was 35-40 minutes, which for me is impressive.

Yea, I had a good time shooting the bow and climbing in that game.

How many cables are required to use this? I remember the PSVR1 buried my living room in cables and extra boxes. 😅

Only one cable with connects to the front USC-C port.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
What would really get me on board instantly is a fully immersive VR Minecraft. Probably never gonna happen on PlayStation though.

droplink

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2014
Depends on the game. Most games have the option of minimal movement or maximal movement for control. Shooting games, you're obviously going to have to simulate shooting weapons with your hands. Racing games obviously require less hand movement. Games do give the option of sitting or standing. I imagine some games will require standing.
I see. So, if I want to play games with NO hand movement, can I do that?

I do not want to wave my hands around, as I do care. About my environment.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I see. So, if I want to play games with NO hand movement, can I do that?

I do not want to wave my hands around, as I do care. About my environment.

Not all VR games, but many VR games you can just use the Dual Sense Controller.

SpitUK

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
East Yorkshire, UK
Sent mine back today, really wanted to love it. Had really bad motion sickness on the PSVR2 even though I never had it on my Quest 2. Also didn’t like the diffuser layer causing a slight blur. I sold my Quest 2 to get this but going to pick up a Quest Pro tomorrow and hopefully keep that.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Sent mine back today, really wanted to love it. Had really bad motion sickness on the PSVR2 even though I never had it on my Quest 2.

Same experience for me
GT7 was a nearly vomit inducing experience for me, especially when decelerating into turns

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Anyone try Gran Turismo 7 or RE Village? Curious how „real“ games hold up in this format.
RE Village: that is one scary game... Awesome graphics. Havent bought GT7 yet because of my huge backlog in games and that's one hell of a time consuming game.

I've played the demo of rock drums, damn that is one fun game! Who would've known that drumming in VR can be so much fun. Hope Beat Saber gets released soon, loved that one on the PSVR1.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I am a huge Horizon fan and basically got the PSVR2 for Call of the Mountain. My first VR experience and I was blown away. Most of the time I am just looking around admiring the immersive scenery, rather than working my way through the game. Weird thing is after a while I activate external video passthrough, and realise I have moved to different part of the lounge, compared to where I thought I would be :).

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I’ve noticed the psvr2 does not have a stock issue at all. Though it’s still exclusive to ps direct. It has been in stock since the day pre orders started.

I remember the psvr was not easy to find at launch, but it was also quite a bit cheaper.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Must say that I hope it’s selling well. This hardware has a lot of potential… When you see RE7 & GT7… And that’s just the beginning.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Apparently, for the hardware you are getting, the price isn't high at all... But that doesn't change that it's a hefty sum for most console gamers.
Yeah, that and peripherals that are not included with the system tend to not sell all that well (yeah I'm ignoring the Kinect with the Xbox One, which was mostly a price problem). Or at least that seems to be the historical trend (even from the NES days).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.