Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeskier93

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I've realized that I'm not getting public beta updates, it appears I'm still on PB2 (build 14A329r). The app store shows no updates...

I'm thinking it has to do with modifying the product version in the SystemVersion.plist. The modification is the only way to get Matlab to run without getting Java errors.

----------

Never mind I'm an idiot, PB4 is listed under purchases...

Last edited:

itsmike2013

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
Same Problem

I'm having the same problem you were having with the updates not showing in the App Store. When I download the beta from the purchased list it gives me a message saying it can't open it because the operating system is too new for it. I don't know what to do. Is there any way to fix this or get the updates to show up?

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
I've realized that I'm not getting public beta updates, it appears I'm still on PB2 (build 14A329r). The app store shows no updates...

I'm thinking it has to do with modifying the product version in the SystemVersion.plist. The modification is the only way to get Matlab to run without getting Java errors.

----------

Never mind I'm an idiot, PB4 is listed under purchases...

If the updates on the app store do not work you might be infected with the I-Worm trojan. Have a look at this article explaining how to check for it:

http://macdailynews.com/2014/10/03/...ered-how-to-check-your-mac-for-iworm-malware/

itsmike2013

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014

Abba1

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
I did what the article said to check for the iWorm trojan and found nothing. Do you know if there is another possibility for why my MacBook won't update or do you know of another way to check for the trojan?? Thanks

I don't know a different way, but Intego (the Anti-Virus Software company) gives the same Method on the Intego Blog. And, they are absolutely reliable. So, it's likely that there's some reason other than the Trojan.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
… modifying the product version in the SystemVersion.plist …

I'm having the same problem … a message saying it can't open it because the operating system is too new …

itsmike2013: if you have not already done so, please re-edit SystemVersion.plist to have the ProductVersion and BuildVersion that the file had before your first edit.

Then in Terminal, this one-line command –

Code:
softwareupdate -l

– and paste the output, as code, to this topic.

itsmike2013

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
itsmike2013: if you have not already done so, please re-edit SystemVersion.plist to have the ProductVersion and BuildVersion that the file had before your first edit.

Then in Terminal, this one-line command –

Code:
softwareupdate -l

– and paste the output, as code, to this topic.

Thanks! This worked! I'm on beta 5 now. Is this the most current version/the one I'm supposed to be on? Just checking to make sure.

Also, it seems like Matlab is still not working on this version. Is there a way to get it working again??

freeskier93

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks! This worked! I'm on beta 5 now. Is this the most current version/the one I'm supposed to be on? Just checking to make sure.

Also, it seems like Matlab is still not working on this version. Is there a way to get it working again??

Unfortunately I think you're hosed with anything R2014a and older. R2014b starts official support for Yosemite. Luckily I use a university license for Matlab and can upgrade, R2014b works fine on Yosemite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.