Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antbob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Hey guys! Since there are so many passionate Watch enthusiasts on this forum I figured I give it a shot. Looking to beta test my new app which I originally wrote for myself as little Apple Watch coding project but then I thought others might find it useful so after quite a bit of cleaning and polishing it is now available for testing as Public Beta in Apple TestFlight at the link below.

With quick start Features page here

This is a live calendar app which is kinda a cross between a calendar and a timer and is basically meant to give you a clear at a glance picture of where you are in your schedule exactly and help you quickly see when you are busy/free during the week too so its more of a calendar visualiser app rather than a classic calendar app. I wrote it for myself, based on what I wanted and now it would be great to hear from you guys what you think. Please check it out, speak you mind and dont hesitate to give feedback, good or bad, its all appreciated.

showcase.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mr. Awesome

antbob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Interesting colour scheme.
I cant colormatch to save my life :) The choice of colors here is two-fold. I wanted alot of black and darker colors to save battery because it really makes a difference (Google folks did a study while back) but also to see things clearly outside like in sunlight and these two goals kinda go against each other, or at least thats my excuse anyway.

Reactions: akash.nu

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
I’d love to test it, but I’m not entirely sure it’ll work with my Series 0. If I finally upgrade, I’ll be sure to try it out.

Reactions: antbob

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
I cant colormatch to save my life :) The choice of colors here is two-fold. I wanted alot of black and darker colors to save battery because it really makes a difference (Google folks did a study while back) but also to see things clearly outside like in sunlight and these two goals kinda go against each other, or at least thats my excuse anyway.

I like the colours! Maybe you can add alternate colour schemes to app?

Reactions: antbob

antbob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
I’d love to test it, but I’m not entirely sure it’ll work with my Series 0. If I finally upgrade, I’ll be sure to try it out.
Unfortunately it requires the latest WatchOS 7 (7.1 to be exact) so that means Series 3 or later. I really wanted to make it available on all models but it does use some newer APIs and frameworks that Apple has not backported to older WatchOS releases and its unlikely they ever will.

Reactions: Mr. Awesome

antbob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
I’m liking the app so far, the notifications are nice and detailed ?
Cool! btw one thing that is less visible in apps are complications. So this one has them too (and they play nice with AOD). Infograph/Modular are the best ones and others are quite basic but useful imho. In the app if you have multiple ongoing events you can select the one you want and then thats the one the complication is gonna show when you go back to watch face.

I dunno what complications style people prefer for calendar events so if anyone has suggestions please feel free to share. I like Infograph and circular graphic complication (like screenshot below) on my Series 5 and on my Series 3 I have Nike red face with small circular complication.

IMG_4282.png

antbob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Some people find it a bit confusing with how colors represent time so I made this quick start Features page here

which explains things a bit but hopefully if you use the app for a little while it kinda gets more intuitive.

antbob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
This public beta is ending since O'Time is available on the AppStore now

Known beta participants should get their promo codes but there are people who participated anonymously and I have no idea who you are or how to contact you (as it should be due to privacy reasons). If you are one of those people and would like a promo code just message me directly.

Again, thank you all for your time and interest, much appreciated!

Reactions: Polaroid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.