Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well I created this for school, to say that kids are wise and to have a very ooy gooy aww feeling inside of you whenever it finishes. And I wanted to see what yall thought of it. Any suggestions or comments apprechiated :)

\/\/Its being hosted on my website here \/\/
http://vicssite.o-wh.com/psa.html

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It's nice! :) The music is a nice back-drop, and the kids are definitely cute, and well filmed. They seemed very much at ease with you when you were filming them. :) And, of course, it tells a story I agree with whole-heartedly. ;)

The only major thing I'd suggest is that, if you were actually running this in a place like Texas, it would be a little irresponsible to do this PSA with only white kids. They make the point that kids are all the same inside and all deserving of love. But you've chosen to only focus on one portion of your local population.

Some minor things that I would suggest... you might fade in the music a little more gradually in the beginning. When you dip to black at the end, you might put up some text. The voices were a little difficult to understand, and in particular the announcer's (your's?). I was with you till the end, and then I think you said, "Let them know you care." But I wasn't completely sure. You could probably do things audio-wise to make this more understandable, but flashing up a simple slogan at the end would work too. I don't know what your time constraints were, but the whole PSA was just a little on the fast side. It felt like it was running along ahead of itself just a tad. I think if it were stretched by a couple of seconds it would seem to be paced just right.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
mkrishnan said:
The only major thing I'd suggest is that, if you were actually running this in a place like Texas, it would be a little irresponsible to do this PSA with only white kids. They make the point that kids are all the same inside and all deserving of love. But you've chosen to only focus on one portion of your local population.
Yes I agree with the white kids only thing, but belive it or not the last two, my niece and nephew are mexican :rolleyes: lol. I am to and that did run through my mind a bit when I filmed it. But its going on District TV, not cable or anything, well district TV is cable TV but only reaches people in the district.. lol. Time constraits were a week. lol. And The voice thing is a working progress i can see that though,
I also tried the text and showe'd it to a few people in the class, and they disagreed and just asked for black. Any suggestions on how to make it not fast?
Thanks for your reply though, will definatley look into the voice thing, and if it ever gets to national TV then I will definatley get a couple more diverse kids.
-Glad You liked it :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Now *I* feel bad! ;) Forgive me for my assumption, please! I have a cousin who is 1/4 Indian, 1/4 Belgian, and 1/2 Mexican (now living in Mexico). It's funny, I guess, and telling, that I think of her as being Indian like me, although by now, it's not even the majority of her blood. Heh. :eek:

Sorry, I meant time constraints in the sense of the length of the PSA. I was saying that if it could be stretched out slightly, I think the voices wouldn't seem so hurried or jumbled together.

I really like the idea, though. :) Good luck with your airing! You'll have to tell us what feedback you get! :)

What did you use to make it, btw? (HW and SW) Please don't say Windows! :p

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well it would have been Windows but instead i insited to my teacher to edit at home on a iMac G4 600MHZ~, they lent it to my mom from work so she could write a book. But I use it more than her, at least till I go to the Apple Store for my MBP :D . I called and they said the 17th or the 20th!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.