Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
This is going to be hard for me to explain but I will do my best.

I have a web page which will populate its data from a called program. It will produce a dynamic set of table rows based on the array of data retrieved.

Example:
Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Button
ABC 123 01/01/17 Yes Edit
DEF 456 01/01/17 Yes Edit
GHI 789 01/01/17 Yes Edit

What I would like to happen is that if I click on the Edit button on the right it will take the data in my fields to the left and add it to a group of fields at the bottom of the page.

I don't even know where to begin looking and all of my internet searches have come up blank. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Javascript is the frenemy here. Add in a couple of eventListeners and some dynamic html creation and you are good to go. But the question of the day is what happens to the data at the bottom of the page?

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
Javascript is the frenemy here. Add in a couple of eventListeners and some dynamic html creation and you are good to go. But the question of the day is what happens to the data at the bottom of the page?
There will be another submit button there to resubmit the data into our inhouse system. That will also redisplay the page with the new data.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah. Use JavaScript.

1. Create a form with input fields in the bottom of the page

2. Use JavaScript/jQuery to pull the data from the DOM, and populate the form

3. Use jquery to post the data back to the server

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.