Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshanon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Hi everyone,
In case you don't know me, I'm the developer of FlipBook (http://www.flipbook.tv), an animation tool for the iPhone. Recently, I've hired another person to help with some performance optimizations in FlipBook, and that gave me some time to go work on a little toy for Halloween. This new app is called Pumpkins, it's in the app store approval queue, and it lets you carve a pumpkin with your finger. There are different types of pumpkins and backgrounds to choose from and even an animating candle inside the pumpkin. It will be available soon for $0.99!

Secondly, in celebration of having over 1,000 movies posted to flipbook.tv and 400,000 downloads of FlipBook Lite, we are going to have a one-day, half-off sale for FlipBook (normally $9.99, on sale for $4.99) on Friday, September 26. We will mark it at the reduced price right at midnight PST and restore it to its normal price Friday evening (of course it might take iTunes some time to update the price).

And remember, through October 1, when you upload a movie to flipbook.tv, you get a coupon for 25% or 15% off a Pogo Stylus depending on if you use FlipBook or FlipBook Lite, respectively.

Please help spread the word! Thanks, and enjoy!
Josh

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 89

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Very cool about the sale on Flipbook!
I've been pushing this app to as many people as I can, and the sale will make it even easier.
Congrats on all the downloads of the Lite Version (how's the full version doing?), as well as all the uploads to flipbook.tv.
I'll give Pumpkins a look when it comes out. Pumpkin carving has always been one of my favorite things about Halloween...

joshanon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks, Rojo! The full version is doing quite well, although it's definitely slowed down in the past couple of weeks. At this point, though, nearly every penny I've made has gone back into the app (from paying for initial expenses like icon design to setting aside money for advertising to paying the other people working on it and the site).

Hopefully you will like Pumpkins! The reaction I've had from the few people I've sent test copies to so far has been "this is so cool!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.