Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshanon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Hi all,
Apple approved my pumpkin carving app, Pumpkins, for sale yesterday, and it's available for $0.99 at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292179578&mt=8 Enjoy!

What's odd, though, is that it shows up as released on Sept. 24, which is when I submitted it, and not yesterday, which is when it was made available for sale. That's rather unfortunate because it means it's hidden away a couple pages deep instead of being easily viewable when you sort by release date. I hope you all have fun, and Happy Halloween!

Now back to FlipBook :)

Josh

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Hi all,
Apple approved my pumpkin carving app, Pumpkins, for sale yesterday, and it's available for $0.99 at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292179578&mt=8 Enjoy!

What's odd, though, is that it shows up as released on Sept. 24, which is when I submitted it, and not yesterday, which is when it was made available for sale. That's rather unfortunate because it means it's hidden away a couple pages deep instead of being easily viewable when you sort by release date. I hope you all have fun, and Happy Halloween!

Josh

Go into iTunes Connect, edit the app's information and change the availability date to today. In a few hours iTunes should update your release date to the correct day.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Hi all,

Josh

Yeah, the App Store's been all sorts of messed up in the past week. Your app is definitely not the only one affected.

Looking forward to what comes next with Flipbook! Meanwhile, I'll give Pumpkins a look...

canadacow

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
Hi all,

Josh

Looks like we both had the same kind of project tangent. I commented on your app here in my promotional thread as well: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/572942/

joshanon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Unfortunately once it's released, I don't think you can change the release date. I bugged Apple, and they're looking into it. It's annoying for sure :)

canadacow, cool looking 3D version! I had been thinking about going 3D at first but decided to go 2D so that the images you save/send people look a bit smoother (and it was easier to have different backgrounds). Glad someone tried the 3D route, though, and for $1, you can easily buy both!

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
I love your App and gave it a nice review. It's the first one (YAY!), btw. I showed my family and they thought it was really great too. :D:)

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Unfortunately once it's released, I don't think you can change the release date.

I have done it and it works. Just change the availability date to today. It will change the release date in iTunes to the date your last update (or new release) appeared in the store.

canadacow

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
Unfortunately once it's released, I don't think you can change the release date. I bugged Apple, and they're looking into it. It's annoying for sure :)

canadacow, cool looking 3D version! I had been thinking about going 3D at first but decided to go 2D so that the images you save/send people look a bit smoother (and it was easier to have different backgrounds). Glad someone tried the 3D route, though, and for $1, you can easily buy both!

Agreed about buying both. In Open GL ES my understanding is that the UIKit is basically off limits (it's more or less unreliable after a point) which means the UI is up to you in 3D. As such, Carve3D doesn't have any of the "Pumpkin Management" stuff yours has. If I get time I might try to sneak that in before Halloween. Oh well.

Anyway, I gave you a high review as well. That other one just looks completely one off to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.