Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
First off - apologies if this is in the wrong place.

On Monday (10/12) I purchased my 2020 MBP 2013' and selected my 2017 MBP for trade in. I received instant credit due to the payment method used (Apple Card). My laptop was delivered Monday (same day courier) but the trade in kit, today, still shows waiting to be shipped.

In the past, I know with iPhones/Watches - usually there's a 14 day limit to trade in.

I'm not seeing mention of any day limit for the MBP to be returned - I imagine the counter starts after I receive the trade-in kit. Should I be worried?

Only reason why I mention this is, I couldn't activate AppleCare+ for a day because of a glitch in the system that couldn't verify my delivery date. I called Apple Support - they fixed it and AppleCare+ automatically applied an hour after that. lol.

TLDR : The trade in kit still hasn't shipped 4 days after delivery of product. Should I worry?

Boomer5100

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2016

On Monday (10/12) I purchased my 2020 MBP 2013' and selected my 2017 MBP for trade in. I received instant credit due to the payment method used (Apple Card). My laptop was delivered Monday (same day courier) but the trade in kit, today, still shows waiting to be shipped.

In the past, I know with iPhones/Watches - usually there's a 14 day limit to trade in.

I'm not seeing mention of any day limit for the MBP to be returned - I imagine the counter starts after I receive the trade-in kit. Should I be worried?

Only reason why I mention this is, I couldn't activate AppleCare+ for a day because of a glitch in the system that couldn't verify my delivery date. I called Apple Support - they fixed it and AppleCare+ automatically applied an hour after that. lol.

TLDR : The trade in kit still hasn't shipped 4 days after delivery of product. Should I worry?
No worry. I did same earlier this year and return kit took about a week to get to me after I received my new MBP. Make sure to clean your screen, keyboard and outside of case and take a couple pictures. The firm that Apple contracts with has been known to lower payout based on conditions they claim the device has after they receive it.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

LinkRS

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Texas, USA

I did the trade-in earlier this year. Your clock for the return starts AFTER they ship you the trade-in kit. I had my new MBP for about 3 days before they shipped the kit. Don't forget that Monday (12 Oct) was a Federal Holiday in the US, so that may put a delay in processing the kit. Good luck!

Rich S.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
No worry. I did same earlier this year and return kit took about a week to get to me after I received my new MBP. Make sure to clean your screen, keyboard and outside of case and take a couple pictures. The firm that Apple contracts with has been known to lower payout based on conditions they claim the device has after they receive it.

Thank you - I appreciate the info. I left AppleCare+ on the laptop and will till I get the $. lol. Will take tons of photos.
[automerge]1602799507[/automerge]
I did the trade-in earlier this year. Your clock for the return starts AFTER they ship you the trade-in kit. I had my new MBP for about 3 days before they shipped the kit. Don't forget that Monday (12 Oct) was a Federal Holiday in the US, so that may put a delay in processing the kit. Good luck!

Rich S.

Awesome - thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.