Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashliewhite13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0187.JPG

hey guys, so in the last few days ive noticed a green (when background is dark) stripe down the center of my phone, and purple (when the background is white) down the center. i have no idea whats going on!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well.

One, it's obvious that your screen is cracked. There's been reported issues when the iPhone 5 was launched (it looks like you have the iPhone 5) of purple hazing. It was a screen defect.

I'd say take it in and have Apple check it but they are probably going to argue that whatever you did to crack the screen is responsible for this and charge you for a replacement.

ashliewhite13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Well.

One, it's obvious that your screen is cracked. There's been reported issues when the iPhone 5 was launched (it looks like you have the iPhone 5) of purple hazing. It was a screen defect.

I'd say take it in and have Apple check it but they are probably going to argue that whatever you did to crack the screen is responsible for this and charge you for a replacement.
Well.

that is true, but its been cracked for almost a year, and it just happened in this weird hazing only started happening a week ago. but ill definitely have them check it out! i also just realized today that it goes away and comes back.. super weird.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
that is true, but its been cracked for almost a year, and it just happened in this weird hazing only started happening a week ago. but ill definitely have them check it out! i also just realized today that it goes away and comes back.. super weird.
Oh, I'm not saying that the crack is the cause of the problem. I just mentioned it because Apple is likely to believe that the crack is the cause of your problem. And if Apple believes that they will probably deny you any in warranty repair/replacement because screen cracks are usually a result of customer mishandling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.