Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
Thanks for your explanations, but I'm not sure if what I have is really malware, or an exploit that the antivirus detects "as malware."
Logically, if it's the last one, I think I shouldn't worry, right?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
What file/folder still appears as infected?
By the way, what do the people that made you install Purple say about this?

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
The truth is that yesterday when I uninstalled Avast, I installed Total AV, out of mistrust as to whether it could be malware or not, and the TotalAV antivirus did not detect Purple Pro as malware, but it has detected others, in the form of viruses and others. as potentially dangerous for containing something for Jailbreak.
I don't understand why the Jealbreak thing is detected as "bad".
Is it really bad for the system?

As far as what people say, to my knowledge I don't know that anyone has complained about malware with Purple Pro. I also don't remember exactly if I downloaded it from the official source or an external source.

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
Of course, now I understand.
It depends on the use that is going to be given to it.
It's good to know that.

So to be more protected, it is logically always better to use a good antivirus.
Which one do you recommend that has real-time protection, does not slow down the system, is effective, and is also free?

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
I don't understand the "monitors common persistence locations and alerts whenever a persistent component is added" thing.

But it does the antivirus function, is it quality?

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
Hello, are you still here or could someone else explain to me what all this means.
I still have more doubts and questions.

Thank you.

chrickers

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
Maybe you shouldn't mess with software like this if you have trouble understanding what a tool like BlockBlock does. No offense.

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
I understand, well I better leave it.
What free antivirus with real-time analysis do you recommend?

chrickers

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
I can't really recommend a specific app. I used to use Sophos but haven't installed it at the moment.
macOS comes with integrated security tools, such as XProtect Remediator.

David.cg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
Thank you.
But something more standard and commonly used, that met certain conditions like the ones I mentioned, could you tell me something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.