Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I have my new iPhone, I have my imac, and I have my .mac/mobileme account all squared away. Has anyone noticed that the iPhone and computer aren't syncing instantly as it should? It seems when I check new mail on either the computer or my phone and then delete it on that device, it won't delete on the other device. Is this normal is or this because moblleme is still not fully functional?

Thanks.

skp574

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2005
greenwich.london.uk
It has been the same for me. Not as smooth as the WWDC demo showed. I have found that some email doesn't even appear on my phone unless I do a manual check. I don't know if it is because the MobileMe servers are being inundated at the moment. Also I have found that Contacts and Calendar entries take a while to get updated too. And why do subscribed calendars not sync with the phone. I have the UK Holidays calendar and a couple of sporting calendars in iCal, why does it not go over to my phone????!! Very annoying.

But I guess it is better than having to tether up your iPhone and sync with iTunes, that never really seemed intuitive to me.

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
I am experiencing similar issues.
Everything (now) pushes fine to my iphone, but isn't pushing to my 2 desktops. I keep having to manually run mobileme sync to keep everything up to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.