Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Never had this issue before, not even on iOS13.

About a couple of weeks ago, after messing with Focus settings and then switching them off, I noticed disconnections and no syncing happening across the mobile and desktop version of Whatsapp, then Gmail app stopped live updating with no push, sound notifications or badge updating... and finally Messages displaying similar behaviour. However, all of these phone apps sync and update with the Mac when they're open and in use on the phone, but this isn't much help when you're away from the Mac.

Calendar is syncing fine, though. I've tried cold iPhone and Mac reboots, running off mobile data and logging in and out of my wifi network. No change or improvement.

Has anyone experienced something similar or has any idea on how to troubleshoot this? Or should I pin my hopes on iOS 15.2? Can't help feeling iOS 15 is a mess, but there's no going back to iOS14 now.

Cheers!

• iPhone 6s plus
• 1OS 15.1
• MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6
(Holding off on Monterey upgrade for another six months. Some desktop app and hardware issues to resolve first.)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Not fixed with iOS 15.2. What a completely hopeless release – making the phone near unusable. Far more problems compared to iOS13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.