Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Well I did it last night, I bought a new copy of Windows 7 Home Premium(upgrade :D) and installed it last night onto my Mini. I don't know why I installed the 64bit version as the 32bit would have been fine but I guess I just wanted to "overdue" it. The WEI gave me a 4.3 for graphics and a 5.9 for everything else.

Applied all the updates and it runs remarkably well! This is my first Intel Mac and it's now running Windows :D. I got it so I could run my old PC games. Windows XP would have been more than enough but I got a good deal on the Windows 7 package so I had to do it, plus it looks a hell of a lot prettier too! Only problem is getting my wireless keyboard and mouse to work.... :(.(Solved: See post #4)

Next step is a Blu-Ray player/burner for my Mini :p

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
How old are these games as some of my much older ones do not work in Windows 7 such as Knights of the Old Republic. Some are problematic like Mount and Blade which gets occasional flickering and half the time starts with no audio requiring it to be closed and reopened.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Well I did it last night, I bought a new copy of Windows 7 Home Premium(upgrade :D) and installed it last night onto my Mini. I don't know why I installed the 64bit version as the 32bit would have been fine but I guess I just wanted to "overdue" it. The WEI gave me a 4.3 for graphics and a 5.9 for everything else.

Applied all the updates and it runs remarkably well! This is my first Intel Mac and it's now running Windows :D. I got it so I could run my old PC games. Windows XP would have been more than enough but I got a good deal on the Windows 7 package so I had to do it, plus it looks a hell of a lot prettier too! Only problem is getting my wireless keyboard and mouse to work.... :(.

Next step is a Blu-Ray player/burner for my Mini :p

I am glad that you mentioned this. I thought of posting this but you know what i am having the same problem as you. The wireless keyboard unable to pair in windows 7 ultimate no matter what i do. This drives me nuts as for the mouse its connected to USB so not an issue. I got to do the setups in windows 7 using the onscreen keyboard really pain in the a**.

Anyone know of a way to pair wireless/bluetooth kb and mouse please let us know.

thanks.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I am glad that you mentioned this. I thought of posting this but you know what i am having the same problem as you. The wireless keyboard unable to pair in windows 7 ultimate no matter what i do. This drives me nuts as for the mouse its connected to USB so not an issue. I got to do the setups in windows 7 using the onscreen keyboard really pain the a**.

Anyone know of a way to pair wireless/bluetooth kb and mouse please let us know.

thanks.

Yes I removed both my Keyboard and Mighty Mouse in OS-X under the bluetooth preferences, then I booted back into Win7 and added them again, took a few times and it worked. For some reason I had to remove the batteries from my keyboard and put them in my mouse because I guess it needed better batteries? Even though iStat says my Mouse batteries were at 35% while the Keyboards were at 65%.

So I recommend doing that while adding them, be sure to have fresh batteries installed. Then just boot back into OS-X using a USB mouse/keyboard and re-add them. This is what worked for me.

Good luck! Respond back if this helps or if you found another way.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
OK will try your suggestion but what happens when you boot into Mac OS X? Do you need to pair the mouse and kb again and do it everytime you boot into Mac OS X?

greythorne

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
ok but my question is when you un-pair them? First you need to install windows 7 then after everything is done installing you get to the windows 7 desktop where you install bootcamp drivers rite? But when you reboot to OS X did you see your windows 7 bootcamp partition listed in the startup disk?

I did not see mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.