Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Super Intendo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I have relatively small hands, so I was curious as to whether or not an iPad Mini would fit in one hand. This morning I realized I can easily check- the Mini is 134.7mm wide and a standard DVD case is 135mm wide. The thinner edge of the mini will also make it slightly easier to hold, I'm guessing. Good stuff!

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I have relatively small hands, so I was curious as to whether or not an iPad Mini would fit in one hand. This morning I realized I can easily check- the Mini is 134.7mm wide and a standard DVD case is 135mm wide. The thinner edge of the mini will also make it slightly easier to hold, I'm guessing. Good stuff!

That's excellent. I have a CD Case for Photoshop Elements 10 and it's almost exactly 5.3 inches across. It's also about 7.5" in height whereas the iPad Mini 7.87". A very good way to get a feel for the size. And even though the CD case is thicker, it's probably accurate given that you'll probably have the Mini in a case.

zackify

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
California
I can't believe people have to go find a DVD case to see how the iPad mini will fit in your hand, just wait two more days! Haha

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for this, very useful.

Main thing for me is - will it fit in my suit/jacket pocket? If not, no point for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.