Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swartwilliam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Nashville, TN
I have recently recorded a song onto Garageband and would like to put it on Myspace. I have done this before with a windows operating PC, but am having trouble getting the file in the correct mp3 format.

Everything is exported correctly and it even says that the file is in mp3 format, but when uploaded onto the site it will not play.

If anyone has been through anything close to this I would appreciate your help.

Do I need an mp3 converter??

Thanks for all the help

Billy

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
it would be useful for us to know:
1. what steps you went through to make the mp3
2. what encoding settings you used
3. on what other systems you've tested the mp3
4. if you've researched the specifics of what myspace expects from a submitted mp3

swartwilliam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Nashville, TN
Info

I exported the song from garageband to itunes. Once in itunes I converted it from an .aiff file to an .acc file, which from my understanding is a condensed .mp3. I tried to upload the .acc file onto myspace, but it didn't work. I don't have anything to convert it to mp3 so I just moved the file from itunes to my desktop and renamed it to an mp3 file. Once I renamed it, the properties of the file showed that it was an mp3 file. This uploaded to myspace and also showed up on the site, but when I tried to listen to it, it would just stop.

I hope that was helpful?

If you have any ideas I would be extremely grateful...

Billy

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
AAC is not mp3. itunes can convert AIFF to mp3.

go to Prefs / Advanced / Importing to set the destination type.

swartwilliam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Nashville, TN
Thanks Zim

That worked perfectly...

Thank you so much for your help...I am still relatively new to the whole mac experience and I greatly appreciate your help. That will make things so much easier from here on out.

Thanks a lot

Billy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.