Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I have been using a HP USB-C to USB-A adapter that I got from work and swapping between USB devices when I need them.

Monday I got my hands on the QacQoc GN28K and I no longer need to travel with my multiple adapters and can plug in two USB-A devices at once, plus a SD card and micro SD card, a HDMI cable and it has two USB-C slots (1 of them is Thunderbolt 3 slot) so you don't give up slots using it. It also comes with a nice little case so I can toss it in my bag and not worry about breaking it.

A huge plus for me is my SD card reader was old and the transfer speeds were slow. I got less than 20 MB/s read speed with my dongle and card readers. With the GN28K I am getting around 90 MB/s reading from my Class 10 SD card.

If anyone wants any information on this let me know, or wants me to run any speed test I will if I have the devices to test them out. I have tested the HDMI out and it work well on my 21 inch ASUS monitor at work, but I don't have any very high quality monitors to test it on. I am a mobile user and usually only rely on the MBP screen.

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3292 2.jpg
    IMG_3292 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 257
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c6d.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c6d.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 257
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c9d.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c9d.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 253
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c55.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c55.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 226
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c57.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c57.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 213
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c62.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c62.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 230
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c76.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c76.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: MonicaHwang
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.